Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Everyone has one....at least mine behaves herself!


So, they say everyone has a twin. I stumbled on mine yesterday. This picture was shown to me:



It was a picture on a Groupon advertisement for a place in Ft. Wayne that sells chocolate. I'm sure my jaw fell on the floor. It isn't me, but could be. The color of the purse is wrong, but the style is right and I carry it on my right shoulder. That is my body language, the color of hair and how I wear it when it is pulled back. I balance on one foot like that and there is something familiar about how she is pointing to the counter even though no one seems to be waiting on her. If I needed to think about what to purchase, reaching out and touching the glass would help me think. The glasses, the earrings, the plain black shirt--all feel familiar. I can't tell if Groupon Marti is standing in front of the dark chocolate, but she should be. That is the only chocolate in my opinion.

I emailed the picture to my mom and sister. Jami had opened the same Groupon earlier that day and thought it looked like me before I sent her my email.

I'm glad Groupon Marti wasn't doing anything embarrassing. I had another friend a while back ask me if I was in South Bend over the weekend. I said I wasn't. She then showed me a picture she took of what looked exactly like my car (very distinct old, light colored station wagon) parked right outside of a really raunchy adult bookstore. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Too funny!!! She does look a lot like you. :-)

    ~ Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I have a twin here in Warsaw, with sightings as recently as 6 months ago, although the number of reports has gone down since I started shaving down to a goatee. My twin apparently also rides a motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete