Sunday, February 21, 2010

Back when I was beautiful


My favorite band, Bon Jovi, recently released an album on which there is a song titled, Back When We Were Beautiful. (which I would argue, they still are, but that isn't my point today....)
My sister and her family recently got a dog. A funny, quirky little dog. At the time of meeting him I'm not sure I would have called him beautiful, but through a series of somewhat minor medical events he had an unfortunate reaction to some medicine he was given. His entire body has broken out in, for lack of proper medical terms, itchies. Being a dog, he has responded by scratching the itchies until he has dug big, gaping holes in his skin. Most of his back is now shaved. He is red. Raw. Smelly. Miserable. Not beautiful.
When I came across this pic I thought a good title for it was "back when I was beautiful".
Poor, itchy, Diesel. I rooting for you buddy. If there is positive doggy karma out there I'm trying to send you some. Feel better.

1 comment: